||Course Code & Name
||First & Second(S1S2)
||2K6 EN111P Basic Electrical and Electronics Workshop(Computer Hardware Lab)
||This is a practical course taught in the First year (S1S2 Semester) of the UG
The students perform the following activities as part of this course,
1.The Identification of components / cards – PC assembling from components.
2. Installation of motherboard, processor, memory and child hard disk.
3. Installation of peripherals such as FDD and a CD drive.
4. BIOS setup.
5. Preparation of HDD for installation – formatting partitioning and basics of file system.
6. Installation of different operating systems and managing application software.
7. Troubleshooting of standard PC.
||2K6CS 408(P) Hardware Lab
||The following experiments are carried out as part of this course,
1. Identification of components/cards and PC assembling from components
2. Assembly language programming
3. TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) Programming
4. ADC and DAC interface
5. Waveform Generation
6. Stepper Motor interface
7. Parallel Interface: Printer and HEX keyboard.
8. Serial Interface: PC to PC serial interface using NULL MODEM.
9. Familiarization of Microcontroller Kit
10. Interfacing with Microcontroller Kit
||CS110 Computer Science Workshop
||The students are made familiarized with hardware components of a desktop computer and also perform computer assembling as part of this course