The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering started its functioning along with the establishment of the college in the year 1986. The department has been established with the firm commitment of developing and producing quality Electrical and Electronic Engineers with high-technical knowledge and good practical basis, combined with leadership skills and decision making capabilities.
The faculty in the department is a rich blend of personnel with industrial and professional experience. The dedicated staff members have sound knowledge in emerging areas like control systems, Biomedical Engineering, Non-conventional Energy Sources, Digital Signal Processing, Power electronics applications in power systems etc.>> Read More
“A centre of quality education in Electrical Engineering & enrich the youth with sound technical knowledge to intellectually power tomorrow’s world in the service of humanity.”
"To elevate the infrastructural facilities and impart latest technical knowledge and competency to the students, enabling them to take up a successful career in industry, research and academia or as an entrepreneur, thus contributing to the overall development of the society ."
The department of EEE is dedicated to preparing students for their productive careers. The course and curriculum have been designed with the following objectives in mind.
I. Core Competence: Possession of a broad base knowledge of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for providing engineering solutions within the appropriate technological & societal context so as to enable their career and professional growth;
II. Breadth: Acquire the mathematical and scientific knowledge to serve as a foundation for life -long learning, needed to solve emerging real-world problems.
III. Professionalism: Develop the creative and critical reasoning skills, along with the communication and teamwork skills necessary to excel in engineering positions in industry and other organizations of multidisciplinary projects.
IV. Preparation: Our graduates are expected to continue career development through professional study in the best graduate schools and to excel in reaching advanced degrees in engineering and related disciplines.
V. Learning Environment: Our graduates are expected to be good citizens and cultured human beings, with full appreciation of the importance of professional, ethical, health and societal responsibilities and acquire an appreciation for workplace diversity and diversity of opinion.
On satisfactory completion of the programme, a student should possess:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one‘s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change..
On satisfactory completion of the programme, a student will be able to:
1. PSO1: Application to power & energy systems: Use their knowledge and hands on competence to solve emerging real-world problems related to Electrical power engineering, electrical motor drives, energy management techniques & use of renewable energy.
2. PSO2: Software skills: Use specialized software packages & computer programming technique to design and analyse of Electrical Engineering systems.
3. PSO3: Competency in electronic systems: Demonstrate his/her hands-on competence in analog, digital electronics, and microcomputers for the control, operation and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems.