DTE Sponsored STTP on Machine Learning and Data Analytics using Open Source Solutions
18-22 February 2019
ABOUT THE COURSE
Machine learning is a branch of artificial intelligence that automates data analysis to enable computers to learn and adapt through experience to do specific tasks without explicit programming. Machine learning is a fastgrowing discipline and in recent years it has gained a lot of importance and wide acceptance. Data analytics is the process of examining data sets in order to draw conclusions about the information they contain, with the aid of specialized systems and software. Data analytics technologies and techniques are widely used in commercial industries to enable organizations to make more informed business decisions and by scientists and researchers to verify or disprove scientific models, theories and hypotheses. Data analytics primarily refers to a range of applications, from basic business intelligence, reporting and online analytical processing to various forms of advanced analytics. This course is intended to introduce the algorithmic approaches in machine learning and data analytics, and to discuss the recent research directions in these areas.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for the FDP, a candidate under DTE has to follow a two step procedure as follows.
1. Create an account in the Training Management System (TMS) portal of DTE: http:// admissions.dte kerala.gov.in/tpms/login
2. Login to the portal and apply for the particular course from the list of available courses.
A participant who is not under DTE, has to visit the website http://admissions.dtekerala. gov.in/tpms and click on the +Read More button in the Apply For a Course tab and apply through Others option.
Duly filled registration form, endorsed by the Head of the Institution, should be send to the programme coordinator on or before 12th February 2019. (Scanned copy of registration form may be send in advance to E-Mail ID: email@example.com)
WHO CAN APPLY
The training programme is open to all Faculty members, System Analysts/Computer Programmers and Technical Staff from Government/Government-Aided/Self-financing Engineering Colleges and Polytechnic Colleges. The total number of participants are limited to 40, and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
- To motivate the participants to develop a basic understanding of the principles of machine learning and data analytics.Y
- To make the participants derive practical solutions using supervised and unsupervised learning.
- To enable the participants to practice the concepts and tools using open source solutions such as Python and R.
- To cover the recent trends and advancement of machine learning and data analytics concepts and tools.
- Experts from academia and industry who have several years of experience in the area will handle the theory and hands-on sessions.
- 5 Days [18 - 22 February, 2019]
- Working lunch, tea and snacks will be provided for all participants during the days of the workshop. TA/DA will be provided as per Govt. norms to faculty and staff from Govt. /Govt. Aided institutions. Accommodation assistance can be done on prior request.
Last date of receiving application
12th February 2019
Intimation about selection
13th February 2019
18 - 22 February 2019 (5 days)
Participants will be immersed in interactive
sessions with hands-on laboratories after each
Workshop FeeNo Course Fee